Keep up with the accomplishments and adventures of lab alumni here. If you are a HABLAB alum, please stay in touch, and let us know what you are up to.
- 2021: This year we saw several of our undergraduate research assistants graduate. Congratulations to Sarah Bargnesi, Adwoa Dadzie, Juliana Goldsmith, Elizabeth Kubiniec, Lindsay Lassetter, and Sherey Tan on this big accomplishment! Former undergraduate research assistants Elizabeth Kubiniec and Juliana Goldsmith transitioned to staff roles as research support specialists here on the HABLAB team. We’re so very happy to continue having them on the team! Research assistant Sarah Bargnesi has continued on to the City University of New York where she will be pursing her Master of Public Health, Adwoa Dadzie has joined Dr. Orfeu Buxton’s Sleep, Health, and Society Collaboratory at Penn State as a Research Technologist, Lindsay Lassetter will be attending the UB School of Dental Medicine this summer to pursue her career in Pediatric Dentistry, and Sherey Tan is now working as a medical assistant in a New York City dermatology office in preparation to apply for medical school. Last but not least, former HABLAB Project Coordinator Lily McGovern was accepted to the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and will begin her journey as a medical student this summer. Congratulations and good luck Sarah, Abi, Lindsay, Sherey, and Lily!
- 2020: Former HABLAB Project Coordinator Malena Savell has continued on to the MIND institute at UC Davis as an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator where she will be assisting the Collaborative START Lab in their efforts to optimize early detection and intervention practices for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Congratulation and best of luck!
- 2019: Former HABLAB research assistant Laura Weiss was accepted to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and undergraduate research assistant Jake Bleasdale was accepted to the University at Buffalo's PhD program in Community Health and Health Behavior. Both will begin their new programs in the Fall. Congratulations on these well-deserved accomplishments!
- 2018: Undergraduate research assistants Sarah Ehrenberg and Kaley Reardon will graduate in May 2018 and then move on to medical school at the University of Pittsburgh and University at Buffalo respectively. We are proud of Sarah and Kaley's accomplishments and will miss them both in the lab. Best of luck!
- Summer 2018: Former undergraduate research assistant Annie Bennett will be conducting pediatric research as part of the Strong Children’s Research Center’s Summer Program at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Congrats, Annie!
- Summer 2017: Former undergraduate research assistant Elizabeth Kaplan was selected for the Marine Mammal internship at the aquarium of Niagara. She spent the summer caring for and working with sea lions, grey seals, and harbor seals. Currently the aquarium is conducting research on veterans, marine mammals, and PTSD. Photos of Elizabeth's summer experience can be found here. Congratulations, Elizabeth!